Sunday 26 April 2015

User Evaluation

User Evaluation Report

After the criteria process, we figured out the final concept that we want to implement. But before that, we should conduct a user evaluation test. The aim of the test is to gather users’ feedback, help us find the pain points of the concept and to improve it. We will perform it not just by introducing our concept and start asking questions, but to make our interviewees do actions with our product. We will try to evoke their memory of the airport and make them feel like they are using the product in a real context. To achieve this, we will use our lofi-prototype or the real object to simulate the real situations. Only after those stages will we ask the questions of their feelings and record the feedbacks.
Here are the feedbacks below.

User 1
Name: Annie
Age: 24
Occupation: Marketer
Location: Home
Feedback:
It is a product that I would like to try, as it is free of charge and I do not need to do additional operations to use it. If I were given this, I will be happy to see the in-time notice that my checked-in baggage is already on board on the digital screen at the boarding gate. After I arrive and go to the baggage claim, I would probably still want to stand beside the baggage carousel other than sit on the comfortable chair next to the carousel or go to a café, but instead of looking at my bags, I will look at the digital screen to check if my bags are already on the way. 


In terms of the potential problems of the system, I wonder if any system error occurs, for instance, screen frozen, screen shut down, data inaccurate, no instant notice, how would the airport tackle it. Especially when my baggage is actually on board, but it’s not shown on the screen, I would be very worried at that time.

Its best features are the scanning system, which is really helpful to prevent the luggage lost. While the display of whether your baggage arrived is not that helpful, the user experience might be improved a little, but not much, I still may feel frustrated.


In several circumstances I will not use the system, for instance, I don’t have checked-in baggage, or I’m in a hurry. In the first situation I would not care about the baggage at all, and in the second situation perhaps I would look at the carousel to quickly find   my baggage to leave as soon as possible instead of waiting in another area to see if my name is on the screen.

I think there are several things you can improve, if you are using an app or sending messages to let me know my baggage is on and off board that would be a much better experience than to look at a digital screen for me. Well, among those two approaches I prefer the messages, it’s more instant, and I don’t have to download and install an app.


User 2
Name: Rachel
Age: 28
Occupation: Human Resource Adviser
Location: Airport
Feedback:
I think baggage belt tag idea is really good and useful for travelers who have checking-in baggage. If this system is implement in the airport, it can reduce much time for waiting baggage and it will also decrease baggage lost rate. The best feature of this product is people can check their baggage timely. If I am using this product, I can exact tell my friend what time they can pick up me at the airport instead of fuzzy estimate time. However, I would provide that if I find my baggage lost, what should I do and how can I get my baggage back? Are there any continuous services for users? Furthermore, is there any instructions for users or matters need attention? Again, it is not a bad idea for frustrating waiting passengers, but I have no expectation for it unless you improve it.

User 3
Name:  Ashley
Age: 29
Occupation:  Web Developer
Location:  Here
Feedback:

The Baggage Tag system seems dangerous.  Very nervous about what would happen if you could identify someone’s bag and then that bag is targeted for theft - even if only the seat number is displayed.  Imagine a famous person on the flight - mentioned Justin Bieber - what do you think would happen to his bags if people knew they were his bags?  Nothing good.  Also mentioned if you knew a bag belonged to Bill Gates, that would be the bag you’d steal, because it’s got to be filled with gold ingots or new tech.

Current system not too bad.

Doesn’t improve on current system in such a way that makes it worth it.  It’s derivative rather than a fundamental change in the system. 

One piece useful info there, knowing that your bag was on plane, but by time your bag(s) are on the plane you’re on plane already and there is nothing you can do if your bags aren’t on the plane.  Once you’re parted from your bag(s) you are at the mercy of the airline, not much can be done about this.

No thoughts of improvement. Doesn’t like the idea at all.
_____________________________________________________________________

Feedbacks collected from the actual users of the airport are really helpful for our further design. Some of the problems are also found during the peer critique of the in-class presentation. We pay attention to the suggestions and try to incorporate some of them by iterating over the final concept.

Among all the suggestions, we thought Annie’s suggestion in terms of the form of the baggage information is worth consideration. Whereas some user is very disappointed with our product and didn’t give any suggestions. As there are risks at iteration, and we have no time to evaluate the new idea, we have to leave it to the next stage of design.

Overall, our product is at an early design stage, there is still potential to incorporate the feedbacks in the product in the future. Our core value is to create a social, public and inventive product to improve the user experience of Brisbane Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment